Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Important Values My Work Style
I want work that lets me use my creativity to think up new ways to do things. My Work Motivations
I want work that leaves me leisure time for my family and friends.
I'm not interested in managing other people. I'm motivated by work that allows me to manage just myself. How I Like to Interact with Others
I want work where I set and meet my own personal goals.
I like to work independently with little or no supervision. My Preferred Work Setting
I would like to work outside all or some of the time.
I want a calm, peaceful work setting. Somewhat Important Values My Work Style
I want the freedom to work to my own schedule. My Work Motivations
I'm motivated by work that will improve the world.
I'm motivated by work that allows me to help other people, either individually or in small groups.
It's important to me to get public recognition for the work that I do.
Money is not as important to me as a personal sense of satisfaction.
I want work that absorbs me, even if it takes up my leisure time.
The idea of making money motivates me a great deal. How I Like to Interact with Others
I would like to work with the public.
I like work that lets me persuade or negotiate with others.
I like to compete and put my skills and abilities against others.
I want work where I get to interact with a team of other people.
I want work where I can influence the attitudes or opinions of others. My Preferred Work Setting
I prefer indoor work.
I like work that is physically challenging.
I would like to travel and experience different cultures and places. These are your work values. You can:
add to them based on your knowledge of yourself
Use them as a guide while you research occupations to make your career decision
Think about how you see the fit between the work and your values
You can include questions in your information interview relating to your important values.
If you need some help in deciding what kind of work fits best with your values you may wish to contact a Career Counsellor for advice.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure that you go through and put titles on al of your posts. t takes a bit to figure out what each post is a summary of. Looks good so far make sure you work your way through that list. It will take a while to do some of the online quizzez.

    ReplyDelete