Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reflective Response

Reflective Response



I have learned many new things in grade 10 careers, such as: how to manage money better, what I want to be when I get out of highschool and on my own. I also learned that I am a visual learner. If someone tries to teach me something they would have to show me how to do it, then I would actually understand how things work. I have learned that you may not get your dream job getting right out of school(highschool, college/university). My dream job is to be a photographer because I love working with people and things, I am also a visual learner.

Some of my hobbies are: working with kids, working with computers, being outside, talking to my friends, hanging out with my friends, playing baseball, just to name a few. There are many more hobbies that I have but those are just a few of the many. I also have interests in working with kids, hanging out with friends, and being outside. I hardly ever have free time because I am always doing something to keep myself busy. At school I am normally hanging out with friends at lunch and during class as well as doing my work(in class). After school I hang out with friends most days too.

My hopes and dreams for the future are to, got a good paying job, have a big house with a big yard. There are many more hopes and dreams that I have for the future but those are just a few of the many. I hope to have a family(husband, kids), I hope to keep in touch with my parents and other family members as well. I dream that I will be very healthy. I will have lots of friends still, I will try my hardest to keep in touch with my friends from highschool as well as my new friends that I meet as I get older and working. I hope to have two or three kids.











My values are: security, and self expression. Security, in some form, is important for everyone. If you have a high security value, it suggests that you would prefer and occupation which is stable, predictable, and offers you some permanence, rather than a job which is risky and changeable. Sometimes having security in a job limits an employee as far as opportunities for advancement and excitement are concerned. Opportunities for growth, advancement, and high financial rewards often require risk-taking and a willingness to change or even relocate to another city, province or country. Self-expression, people who score high in this category prefer occupations which encourage the use of personal abilities, talents, and creativity. The opportunity to work at something which is interesting is often more important then salary and recognition. Continued growth, learning, and skill development are also essential to people who value self-expression.

My top 5 values are
1.Family
2.Friendship
3.Independence
4.Privacy
5.Honesty


My dominant learning style is: kinesthetic. Therefore, I learn best by: using my hands and figuring things out on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment